Tuscarawas County 4-H is offering three camping experiences for youth enrolled in the current 4-H program. Click on the option that best suits your circumstance.
- 4-H Day Camps - three separate days - select 1 or all 3! For current county 4-H members currently in grades 3-8.
- 4-H Camp Piedmont is a camping program for county 4-H members currently in grades 3-8.
- Cloverbud Camp is a day camp for current county Cloverbud members.
Are you ready for some fun? In addition to overnight camp at Camp Piedmont, the camp counselors are excited to offer youth three awesome Day Camp opportunities. Attend 1, 2, or all 3 days! The choice is yours! Registration is online only. Click here to register for the Day Camps: go.osu.edu/TuscDayCamps2021.
|Carnival Camp||4-H Gone Wild||Mad Science|
Thursday, June 10
Tuscarawas County Fairgrounds
Registration deadline: Friday, May 28, 7 PM
Wednesday, June 16
Norma Johnson Center
Registration deadline: Wednesday, June 2, 7 PM
Thursday, June 24
Tuscarawas County Fairgrounds
Registration deadline: Wednesday, June 10, 7 PM
- Each camp is for youth who are currently in grades 3-8.
- Each camp will begin at 8 AM and end at 5 PM.
- Cost: 1 Day - $30; 2 Days - $50; 3 Days - $60
- A camp t-shirt, lunch, snacks, and a craft are included in the cost.
- Payment can be made by credit card at the time of registration, or paid by cash or check to the office.
- All health guidelines will be followed. Face coverings must be worn and proper physical distancing will be maintained. If the child or a family member is is ill, the child should not attend.
2021 Camp Dates - July 18 - 21
Check-in: July 18, 4:00 PM
Dismissal: July 21, 2:00 PM
Cost: $120 Payment can be made by credit card at the time of registration, or paid by cash or check to the office.
Camp is for youth currently in grades 3-8. Youth must be an active member of the Tuscarawas County 4-H program.
Registration must be completed online. Due to COVID-19, there is a decrease in the number of youth who are able to attend camp. We will be offering a staggered registration process allowing older campers to submit their registartion first. We will also be offering a limited number of primitive camping spots on the hill; see the registration for requiremetns for this option. Click here to register: go.osu.edu/2021Tusc4-HCamp.
- May 6-16 Grades 7 and 8 ONLY
- May 17-27 Grades 5-8
- May 28 - June 7 Grades 3 and up OR until camp is full
All health guidelines will be followed. Facial coverings must be worn at all times and proper physical distancing will be maintained. If the child or a family member is is ill, the child should not attend.
Adopt-A-Cabin Refurbishment Campaign
Our county successfully raised our first $5,000 to refurbish our adoped cabin, Hemlock (on the girls' side of camp)!
4-H Camp Piedmont Board's goal is to have all 14 cabins refurbished and adopted by all 8 counties who attend camp. Contractors will be doing work under the leadership of the maintenance manager. The cost to refurbish a single cabin is $5,000. Refurbishment includes:
- New roof, walls, floors, ceilings, bunks, and doors.
- New lighting and windows installed.
The Tuscarawas County 4-H Committee’s next goal is to raise and donate $5,000 for a cabin on the boys' side of camp. The committee is encouraging 4-H clubs to participate by making donations to the Cabin Campaign. The Tuscarawas County 4-H Committee will donate all Cabin Campaign funds to Camp Piedmont to complete our cabin refurbishment. If funds collected exceed $5,000, the remaining funds will be used to help fund another cabin. Funds will be taken all year to help with the campaign.
This can be counted as Community Service for those clubs making a donation. Clubs can be creative in terms of fundraising: they may make a contribution from their club treasury, hold a fundraiser with proceeds dedicated to the Cabin Campaign, collect donations, etc.
For more information or to print a form to make a donation, see the Adopt-A-Cabin Refurbishment Campaign form.
A day camp for current county Cloverbud members.
Monday, August 9, 2021
Extension staff will provide leadership, and Cloverbud advisors are encouraged to attend. Contact Kiersten if you're an approved volunteer who is interested in assisting. Health and permission forms will be mailed to registrants after receipt of paid registration and MUST accompany camper the day of Cloverbud Camp.