Who Are "Older Youth"?
Older Youth are not just Camp Counselors or Junior Fair Board members!
Older Youth are current 4-H members in grades 8-12. These youth are invited to take part or apply to county, state, and national opportunities only available to members in these age groups. Members currently in 8th grade are only eligible to apply for Food and Fashion Board and Leadership Washington Focus.
Meeting dates for 2022 will be announced on our Facebook page and on this page. Teens interested in the many available options are not required to attend these meetings; however, we highly encourage attendance so staff have an opportunity to get to know you. By participating in these meetings, you’ll receive ways to enhance your leadership skills; new activities to share with your club; information of local and state events and opportunities; the opportunity to meet other teens; and have fun!
Our advisors look forward to meeting you and are excited for this “new” level of county 4-H programming. Mark your calendars with all the important dates!
2022 TEEN LEADERSHIP RETREAT: TUSCARAWAS COUNTY 4-H AND TUSCARAWAS COUNTY JUNIOR LEADERS
Join us for a weekend of fun and learning at the 2022 4-H Teen Leadership Retreat. If you want to develop leadership skills, have fun with friends (old and new), and learn more about yourself - make plans to attend. This retreat is for ALL youth in 9th grade and above.
The organizational kick-off meeting for the revived Tuscarawas County Junior Leaders Club will be held at the end of the Retreat (Saturday, 1-3 PM). If you are unable to stay the night but would like to attend the meeting, you are welcome to join us!
Register for the Retreat at: http://go.osu.edu/TeenLeadershipRetreat
More Retreat Information:
- For more information or questions, contact Kiersten.
- Deadline to register is Friday, January 7, 2022, at 4:00 p.m. Register at http://go.osu.edu/TeenLeadershipRetreat.
- Camp Counselors, Food and Fashion Board, and Junior Fair Board members are highly encouraged to attend.
- Payment, health, behavior policy, and permission forms will be accepted at the door. Note: You will NOT be allowed to stay if your forms are incomplete!
- Forms will be available to print during online registration or can be picked up at the office.
Tuscarawas County Junior Leaders
- Junior Leaders is a club that ALL teens currently in 9th grade and above are able to join.
The organizational kick-off meeting for the revived Tuscarawas County Junior Leaders Club will be held at the end of the Retreat (Saturday, 1-3 PM).
- No interviews, just a registration!
- This is a club you join in addition to your current 4-H club.
- You do not complete a project through this club; projects are taken in your regular 4-H club.
- The vision and mission of Junior Leaders will be determined by you, the club members.
- Meetings/activities will be held once a month.
- Keep in mind this is a club that will teach leadership skills (such as career development), provide community service opportunities, socialization, and FUN!
What to bring to the retreat:
- A change of clothes, PJ's.
- Towel and toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, etc.).
- Warm clothes for outdoors if the weather cooperates!
- Sleeping bag/bedding and pillow.
- A snack to share with everyone (individually wrapped).
- A game to play.
- A sled/tube/snowboard.
We can't wait to see you!
More Opportunities and Programming
Click the links below for infomation on specific Older Youth opportunities and programming.