Who Are "Older Youth"?
Older Youth are not just Camp Counselors or Junior Fair Board members!
Older Youth are current 4-H members in grades 8-12. These youth are invited to take part or apply to county, state, and national opportunities only available to members in these age groups. Members currently in 8th grade are only eligible to apply for Food and Fashion Board and Leadership Washington Focus.
Meeting dates for 2022 will be announced on our Facebook page and on this page. Teens interested in the many available options are not required to attend these meetings; however, we highly encourage attendance so staff have an opportunity to get to know you. By participating in these meetings, you’ll receive ways to enhance your leadership skills; new activities to share with your club; information of local and state events and opportunities; the opportunity to meet other teens; and have fun!
The Older Youth Application Packet is due by 4:00 p.m. on November 8, 2021. The deadline is final! Applicants are required to schedule an appointment after returning their application to the Extension office. Appointments are being scheduled through SignUpGenius at go.osu.edu/2022OlderYouthInterview. If we do not receive your application by the November 8 deadline, your interview time will be released and you will not be eligible to apply.
Youth only interested in Food and Fashion Board, Leadership Camp, Citizen Washington Focus, or Leadership Washington Focus do not need an interview but need to complete the Coversheet and return it by the deadline.
Our advisors look forward to meeting you and are excited for this “new” level of county 4-H programming. Mark your calendars with all the important dates!
- 2022 Organizational Letter - Sent to Older Youth eligible members
- 2022 Jr. Fair Board - NEW Member Application Packet (for applicants who have never been on Jr. Fair Board)
- 2022 Jr. Fair Board - RETURNING Member Application Packet (for applicants who are previous Jr. Fair Board members)
- 2022 Camp Counselor Application Packet
- 2022 Non-Interview Older Youth Application Packet - for youth only interested in Leadership Camp, Citizen Washington Focus, Sea Camp, Leadership Washington Focus, Food and Fashion Board, or other 4-H Older Youth opportunities. This packet not for Jr. Fair Board or Camp Counselor applicants!
More state, national, and international 4-H Older Youth opportuntities can be found at: https://ohio4h.org/families/just-teens. Please list any additional areas of interest on the Coversheet under the "Other" option under Interest Areas.
More Opportunities and Programming
Click the links below for infomation on specific Older Youth opportunities and programming.