To our Returning and Prospective Buyers and Supporters:
It’s hard to believe, but the Tuscarawas County Fair is fast approaching and along with it comes the sale of market livestock. The youth work hard to see that their project animal is properly cared for, well fed, and results in a product consumers desire. The Jr. Fair livestock exhibitors greatly appreciate your support of the sales. Auction times are as follows:
Thursday, September 21
- Hogs sell at Noon in the Main Show Arena and the market beef and lambs will follow. Market Beef and Lambs will not start before 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 23
- Auction starts at 3:00 p.m. Sale order: goats, turkeys, ducks, rabbits, broilers.
- Goat and market rabbit purchases will be able to be sent to the processor listed (in the sale flyer) or donate the animal to local food banks in Tuscarawas County.
- Market poultry purchases will be processed at a predetermined processor.
All Poultry (turkeys, broilers, and ducks) have been slaughtered prior to the Small Animal Sale. A pick up date will be announced at the sale. Any meat not picked up will be donated to the Tuscarawas County food banks. While we will make an effort to return similar sized poultry, we cannot guarantee you will receive the exact birds that were purchased.
The Jr. Fair Sales are going to look like last year. While we are still holding live auctions, Kaufman Realty is once again providing an online option for those who wish to bid and purchase from home or work.
If you plan to use the online bidding option, we encourage you to go to Kaufman-auctions.com in advance to register as an online buyer through their system. Kaufman Realty has secured the URL tusccountyjrfair.sale to post the online auction catalogs. These catalogs will be active for bidding beginning Wednesday, September 20. To have these catalogs ready in advance, the sale order will once again be random order after the Top Ten in each specie.
If you REGISTERED or PURCHASED an animal/product in 2022, we are bringing your information over from last year as a courtesy for your support. You will just need to stop at registration prior to the sale to get your buyer’s number and confirm that nothing has changed in your account.
Please note that if you register as an online buyer but end up coming to the live sale instead, you will need to re-register upon your arrival as there are two different computer systems being used for the online and live auctions. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email - Chris Kendle, Chris Zoller, Michelle Moon.
Information, Links and Guides for the Fair Auctions
- For a Quick Tutorial see below!
- You must choose "Register as a Buyer". Do NOT register as an Exhibitor, please.
- Choose a PASSWORD you can remember!