All items pertaining to 4-H Project Interview Judging can be found on this page.
Member Evaluation Form
A Member Evaluation Form needs to be completed by both the member's parent/guardian and 4-H advisor if they feel it is necessary that the judge should use special consideration concerning a 4-H member during Interview Judging. The form is due to the Extension office by June 14 so it can be included with the judge's materials. Please note that only one form per member request is needed. Space has been provided on the form for multiple projects.
We will begin on June 1 to set pre-judging appointments for members unable to attend regular Interview Judging. Pre-judging dates are June 25 and July 13. The 13th is for members who are not able to attend regularly scheduled judging. Appointment must be made for either date and can be made by calling our office after June 1. Please provide the correct project name and (for livestock only) years in project.
Schedules are listed below. Please contact our office if you are interested in assisting with judging.
- Equine (including Horseless Horse) and Swine Projects
- FCS Related, Food and Nutrition, and Miscellaneous Projects
- Small Animal Projects (Goats, Poultry, ALL Rabbits)
- Livestock Projects (Beef, Dairy, Sheep) (revised 6/26/19)
- Clothing - Members enrolled in a clothing project will receive a personalized letter indicating their judging time. These are being mailed June 26.
Please do NOT contact the office to find out when results will be posted. Results are returned to the office after the judging day is completed to be typed and proofed. Results will be posted as soon as they are ready. Members selected for state fair will be contacted by phone as to their selection.
Equine, Small Animals (Goats, Poultry, Rabbits), and Livestock (Swine, Beef, Sheep, Dairy) will be announced during each respective species at the Tuscarawas County Fair.
- Horseless Horse (Project is not State Fair eligible.)
- Food and Nutrition Projects
- FCS Related and Miscellaneous Projects
- Shooting Sports Projects
- Pet Rabbits
- Clothing - Members selected for State Fair were notified after Style Review
There will be a State Fair Orientation meeting on July 15, 2019, for participants selected for State Fair (as marked on the Results). The meeting will begin at 9 a.m. at Jerusalem Church in New Philadelphia. It is very important to attend as maps, parking passes, gate tickets, and project specific information will be provided.
Selected participants who are unable to attend State Fair should notify the Extension office as soon as possible so we may notify the alternate if necessary. Thank you!