All items pertaining to 4-H Project Interview Judging can be found on this page.
JFB members are expected to assist with project judging.
2022 Member Evaluation Form
The Member Evaluation Form is due to our office no later than 4:00 p.m. June 15. This allows us to have it ready for the judge's materials.
This is available from your club advisor or online here. It is to be completed by the 4-H advisor AND parent/guardian if they feel it is necessary that the judge should use special consideration concerning a 4-H member during Interview Judging.
Cothing and footwear need to be neat, clean, and appropriate for a professional office interview. No blue jeans or shorts. Shirts/tops and skirt length should be conservative. Wear appropriate shoes (no flip flops).
Pillars of character
The Pillars of Character can be found in the animal resource handbooks. This is not required for Miscellaneous projects.
2022 Judging Schedules
Pre-judging will be held June 22 in person at the Extension office by appointment only. Pre-judging for livestock projects will be online only through Qualtrics.
Project Interview Judging will be held July 11 - 14 and 21, 2022, at Midvale Elementary 4259 S. State Street, Midvale).
- Monday, July 11: Equine (includes #173 Horseless Horse); Swine
- Tuesday, July 12: FCS Related (includes #492 Cake Decorating, #497 Scrapbooking); Food and Nutrition; Miscellaneous (includes #200 All About Dogs, #201D You and Your Dog)
- Wednesday, July 13, : Small Livestock (all Goats, all Poultry, and all Rabbits - includes #227 Pet Rabbit)
- Thursday, July 14: Beef (all), Dairy (all), Sheep (all)
- Thursday, July 21: Clothing and Style Review (Style Review begins at 7:00 p.m.). Members enrolled in clothing projects will receive an individualized letter with their judging time. These letters are being mailed June 22.
#201O Dog Obedience - Judging dates are determined by the key leaders and will be distributed at the dog project information meeting.
Shooting Sports Projects (#700 Series) - Judging dates are determined by the key leaders and will be distributed at the Shooting Sports orientation meeting.
County 4-H Project Completion and Judging Overview 2022
Please carefully read this information; it may answer most Interview Judging or county fair questions you may have. Click here for the overview.
Updates From Kiersten
Please read Kiersten's bi-weekly 4-H program updates emailed directly from 4-H Online. Most answers to immediate 4-H programming can be found there. Click here to read the updates.
2022 Interview Judging Results
Note: Livestock Judging Results will be announced during each respective species show at the fair.
- Horseless Horse
- FCS and Miscellaneous
- Food and Nutrition (includes Cake Decorating)
- Pet Rabbit
- Clothing (members are notified at Style Review of State Fair selection)
- Shooting Sports
Members selected for State Fair participation are denoted with a star. Selected participants who are unable to attend State Fair should notify the Extension office as soon as possible so we may notify the alternate if necessary.
State Fair packets are ready for pick-up at the Extension office during business hours (9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.; closed for lunch 12:00-1:00 p.m.).