4-H Project Book Distribution
How are we ordering books this year? With guidance put forth from the State 4-H Office in 2020 and continuing in 2021, we have several options in place for clubs to order publications for members which include low or no contact distribution.
- Ohio 4-H members and their families can order directly from extensionpubs.osu.edu and use the coupon code (FREE2021) for free shipping on orders of $20 or more. There is no restriction on the number of times a coupon can be used. Orders can be shipped directly to the member’s home, as long as it is an Ohio address. The coupon codes do not work for any zip codes outside of Ohio. Another important point to keep in mind—the warehouse is not able to accept returns for any reason. Details can be found on the ohio4h.org/booksresources page.
- The State 4-H Office is making a select group of project books available as freely available PDFs. Although OSU is unable to provide every book in this manner, we want to support families and members with learning resources that may be particularly relevant during this time. Members can choose one or more of these project book PDFs listed below. These projects can be downloaded from the “Perfect Stay-at-Home Projects” page at ohio4h.org/stayathomeprojects.
- Clubs may turn in a Publication Order Form. Due to current restrictions, we can only accept club orders; individual member orders are not accepted. Order forms must be received by noon on Thursdays. Forms can be placed in our drop box, mailed, or emailed as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org (no pictures, please). The online Publication Order Form is a fillable PDF that can be submitted directly through email. (Form is a fillable pdf. For Firefox users: You may be prompted by your browser to open with a different viewer. For Google users: Download document to complete.) Orders will be placed using this form, and are completed on a first-come, first-served basis. We will notify the contact listed on the form when order is available for pick up; payment will be due at that time. One check (made payable to OSU Extension) or cash only; no multiple checks.
#710GPM The Big Book of Cloverbud Activities, Selected Activities
Clothing and Textile Science
#409 Sew Fun
Creative and Leisure Arts
#592 Get Started in Art
Food and Nutrition
#459 Let's Start Cooking
#462 Yeast Breads on the Rise
#359 Your Thoughts Matter
#405 The Laundry Project
#173 Horseless Horse
Leadership and Citizenship
#375 Leadership Road Trip
#611 Explore the Outdoors
#621 Ohio Birds
#493 Science Fun with Kitchen Chemistry
#500 Science Fun with Physics
Self-determined projects are an excellent choice for self-motivated members eager to get started and create their own project. Although self-determined projects may be better suited for older 4-H’ers, these projects are available for any member and are often driven by idea starters already available online. Visit the Self-Determined Projects and Idea Starters page for more information on these projects. NEW IN 2021: Self-determined projects have been broken down into topic areas that correspond to self-determined fair classes throughout the Ohio State Fair.
Additional considerations for project book distribution:
- Guidelines for all projects are on our web site. Visit our Project Guidelines page at go.osu.edu/tusc4-hguidelines. Guidelines will not be included with books.
- Livestock project registration forms can be found on our Animal Sciences page: go.osu.edu/livestock registrations.
- For 2021, members who will be needing a poultry resource folder (the “red folder”) can receive the information as a PDF through email. Contact Astra (email@example.com) to request the information. Please be specific as to which project resources will be needed (e.g., 150CM Chicken Market, 150TM Turkey Market, 150DM Duck Market, etc.). This resource is also available on the Project Books and Resources Order Form (150CMR, 150TMR, 150DMR, etc.)
The State 4-H Office is working with us as much as possible to provide alternative ways to get books to use during this unique time. This approach to low/no-contact project book distribution will be revisited and revised as the pandemic situation continues to evolve.
Thank you for your continued understanding, support, and patience!