Chris Zoller is the interim assistant director, Agriculture and Natural Resources, Dec. 1, 2023, through June 30, 2024, or until the permanent position is filled.
Chris is a graduate of The Ohio State University College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in agricultural education and agricultural economics (1991) and a Master of Science degree in agricultural education (1997). He is also currently serving as associate professor and Extension educator, agriculture and natural resources in Tuscarawas County, where he conducts programming in farm management, farm succession planning, farm financial management, dairy and livestock production, and agronomic and forage crop production.
Chris conducts research in the areas of farm management, agronomic crop production, and energy demand monitoring of livestock facilities. He has researched and conducted analysis of farm production, evaluated variable seeding rates of corn and soybeans, and is a member of a team evaluating energy use on livestock farms.
The key responsibilities for his new appointment include:
- Provides leadership, administration, guidance, and vision to OSU Extension’s Agriculture and Natural Resources program.
- Provides leadership in developing core programmatic curriculum; serves as a member of the OSU Extension administrative leadership team; engages in organizational strategic planning/visioning; and ensures implementation of strategies within the Agriculture and Natural Resources program and in partnership with all other members of the Extension Administrative Cabinet.
- Promotes effective teamwork among all Agriculture and Natural Resources professionals and create an environment conducive to a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Works with department chairs, college deans, and unit leaders to identify potential interdisciplinary and multi-programmatic efforts with other departments, colleges, agencies, and organizations engaged in resourcing agriculture and natural resources programs.
- Assists with the recruitment, placement, and professional development of county and state professionals in concert with appropriate administrative and program staff.
- Manages the Agriculture and Natural Resources state office including financial and human resources oversight.