Concern about ticks and tick-borne illness in Tuscarawas County has intensified as the number of cases of human and animal infections rise. Most notable among these illnesses is Lyme Disease, which is the most common vector-borne disease in the US, representing over 400,000 human cases each year. Join us to learn more about ticks, the diseases they carry, and ways you can prevent tick-borne infections.
- Dr. Megan Meuti, Assistant Professor, Department of Entomology, The Ohio State University
- Dr. Jeffery Burrier, Family Medicine Specialist, Cleveland Clinic
- Kip Brady, New Philadelphia High School Tick Research Project
An Information Fair will immediately follow the presentation.
- NPHS Student Lyme Disease Research Team
- New Philadelphia Health Department
- Karen and Kerry Metzger
- Tusc Parks
- Town and Country Veterinary Clinic
- Summit Chemical Company - Tick Removers
- Sawyer Permethrin Spray
Presentation will start in the Lecture Hall at New Philadelphia High School (enter at main door off of patio; signs will be posted), 343 Ray Avenue NW.
Pre-registration for this free program is appreciated. Register at http://go.osu.edu/tuscticks2023.
Need more information? Contact Renee Clark (direct 330-365-8154, office 330-339-2337) or Marsha Freeland (330-365-3279).